We all are familiar with using and editing CSV file on our computer or Mac in our daily life. But, what if you can easily view and edit these files using your Android phone, just like you edit PDFs? It’s true, you heard it right. In this article, we will introduce you to some ways by which you can easily open and edit CSV files on your Android phone.
how to open csv file in android
The Android operating system offers a lot of free third-party apps that you can use to easily view and edit a CSV file from the comfort of your phone. We have selected 3 such apps to help you.
The CSV Editor app can be used to view and edit CSV files.
CSV Editor is a simple, easy-to-use Android app that you can use to easily open and edit CSV files on your device. Follow these simple steps to install and use this app.
Read More:- how to watch Wednesday’s livestream
Read More:- best stereo speaker in india 2021
- Open Google Play Store, search for CSV Editor and install it.
- Grant the required file access permissions to the app.
- Tap on the three-dot icon in the top right corner of the app screen.
- Browse for the CSV file and tap on it to open it in the app.
- To edit a cell value, tap on it and the editor will open.
- Edit the cell value and tap on the next arrow to save the edited value in the cell.
- To save the file with the changes made, tap the Save icon in the toolbar at the top.
- Congratulations. You have successfully edited and saved your CSV file.
Install and use the CSV Viewer (Editor) app
csv viewer app is a complete android app to deal with all csv files. Using this app you can also write and read data code of table designing. It also provides rich features like data analysis and charts to run the calculations. Follow these easy steps to read and edit your CSV file using this app from your phone.
- Open Google Play Store, search for CSV Viewer app and install it.
- Grant the required access permissions required for the app.
- Tap the CSV Files button to browse through all the CSV files on your device.
- Locate your file and tap on it.
- Tap any cell to edit it.
- When you’re done editing, tap the three-dot icon in the top right corner of the app screen and press Save.
- Congratulations. You have successfully edited and saved the CSV file on your device.
how to open csv file in excel
If you prefer to use MS-Excel to edit sheet and CSV files on PC, you can install and use its app on your Android device to do so. Follow these easy steps to open, edit, and view CSV files using the official Microsoft Excel app.
- Go to Google Play Store, search for Microsoft Excel: Spreadsheet App and install it.
- If you already use a Microsoft account, grant the required access permissions and sign in to the app.
- You can choose to try this app without signing in during app setup by tapping Continue without signing in.
- Tap on Open in the bottom toolbar to browse and select your CSV file and tap Next on this device to access the device files.
- The app will open the file just like an Excel sheet on PC.
- Tap on any cell to edit and price.
- To save the edited value inside the cell, tap on the green tick button.
- After editing, tap the Save icon in the toolbar at the top to save the file to your device.
- That’s all. You have successfully edited and saved the changes to your csv file using the app.
use the google sheets app to view and edit csv files
You can also use the official Google Sheets app to view and edit your CSV files directly. Follow these easy steps to do this.
- Install the Google Sheets app using the Google Play Store.
- Open the app and tap on the folder icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap on Device Storage and select your CSV file.
- Your file will be loaded into Google Sheets immediately.
- Tap any cell inside the sheet to edit it and make your changes.
- After making changes, tap on the three-dot icon in the top right corner of the app screen.
- Tap Share & Export and choose Save As.
- Choose your preferred format and decide whether you want to save it on your device or online in the Google Cloud.
- That’s all. You have successfully edited and saved your CSV file using Google Sheets.